Thursday, February 19, 2009

too many grits, and other obesity hilarity

Just as I was about to begin my post on sport man-love (which will come sometime in early March, don't you worry loyal followers), I found out that Tyson Chandler has been sent BACK to New Orleans after failing a physical...awkward. After another trade deadline that resembled the pointlessness of a typical, 20 minute last sixty seconds of any basketball game, I figured I'd throw out some examples of the less physically gifted of our respective sports, at least before I check my lotto picks and see if I can retire from this lucrative blogging career.

EDIT: Not only did I lose the lotto, but I found that the Chandler had been voided because of a turf toe injury, not because of a crippling urge for four cheese pizza. Fuck it, I stand by what I write, mainly because its a good excuse to vent on:

Bryant "Maybe Just One More Slice" Reeves of the Vancouver Grizzlies (in a file photo seen here) once showed up to training camp a whopping 40 pounds overweight. Already harnessing the nickname "Big Country" became a source of ridicule, as fans mercilessly taunted him until my lungs were sore. Some say his massive girth, contract, and lack of physical ability were the reason the Grizz skipped town. Others agree. Either way, Bryant Reeves became the symbol of the failure of my beloved team.

In other news, Shaq weighs 320 pounds. How is this a sport again?

The portly man has no place within the NHL, but the 215 pound Martin Brodeur was ridiculed by Sean Avery for being fat after their 2008 playoff series. Its a good thing he didn't run into, oh I don't know, this guy, or some serious feelings might have been hurt.

No comments: