Friday, December 5, 2008

A is for Apple...

... and B is for (Kobe) Bean (Bryant).

This is going to be my first shot at a blog so I thought I'd start at the beginning.

Who am I?
Name: Sam
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Location: Montreal, Canada

What do I like?
Sports: Balling, fencing, frisbee
Academics: Politics, economics, cultural studies (minus the hipsters)
Music: Ska, hip hop


What am I doing here?
In this blog I want to take a look at professional basketball from an outsider perspective. I am NOT a basketball player - I love the sport but have never played in any kind of organized fashion. The first time I made any effort to learn the game was in grade 11 because my buddies had started the MBL (Mini Basketball League) and I didn't want to get laughed at. My years (2) on the Birdcity Birdmen were the formative experience that I needed to appreciate just how good the players are in the big league.

I prefer fadeaway jumpers to dunks and I hope that this blog can be a forum for like-minded individuals.
suck it Bruce

Until next time here's a sweet track that I lifted from gowherehiphop.blogspot.com: Cam'ron - Owe Me (Oh No You Didn't!)

No comments: